Friday, August 23, 2013

Announcing the Cross State Mall Tour


The Cross-State Mall Tour

Seven Malls
Six Cities
Four Days


Posted Saturday August 24 
"I will be heading from St. Augustine FL, where I live, to Lakeland FL where I came from originally. I stay with my parents when I go there. On the way down from St. Augustine, I take I-4. This passes through cities Altamonte and Orlando, eventually reaching Lakeland and it goes onward to Tampa. There are some fantastic mall opportunities along that highway!

Since I have vacation time off of work, I have some leisure time to stay longer than the weekend. That being the case, I have declared a “cross state mall tour”."

This tour included:
-Altamonte Mall
-Mall at Millenia
-The Florida Mall
-Lakeland Square Mall
-Brandon Town Center
-The International Plaza
-Seminole Town Center

This tour serves two purposes:
1)      To refresh my memory of what each one has to offer and how the economy is impacting it, so I can write an accurate review.
2)      To give you photographic proof I was there.

On top of photographing myself at the leviathan shopping centers, I will be collecting a small “trophy” from each: A colorful scarf, in light of it coming into the fall season. 


Saturday August 24: The Florida Mall, Orlando

Food court entrance
 Me walking down one of the corridors
 The new "Wasabi" open air sushi restaurant near the food court. The sushi runs on a conveyor belt.
 The Florida hotel which is attached to the mall. 
 The Florida hotel entrance inside the mall.

August 25: International Plaza and Bay Street Gallery, Tampa
Starbucks hubbub outside the Neimann Marcus
 The glass elevators and fountains by the food court.
 Me standing on the upper level near the Louis Vuitton
 Bay Street Gallery: an outdoor "town center" adjunct to mall, accessed from the food court exits, that includes fine dining and art galleries.
Westfield Brandon. August 26.
Front Entrance 
 The center court carousel
 Some of the restaurants right outside, as well as a fountain
 Me by a manatee statue in one of the corridors
 A peaceful and sunny corridor
 Lakeland Square Mall. August 26. 
One of the main entrances
 Construction of the future Sports Authority and movie theater
 Center court, stil with its 80's architecture but with a newer floor and kiosks instead of its original fountains and benches.
 Advertising for the future upgrades
 Me enjoying a beverage at the Barnie's Coffee
The Mall At Millennia, Orlando. August 27.
Reflective blue glass entryway
 Center court and all its glory, with LCD screens and music playing
One of the sunny, open corridors as seen from the second level
 A giant orchid statue
 Altamonte Mall, Altamonte Springs. August 27.
A lively bottom-level corridor
 A quieter top level corridor
 Me posing in the top level
 A JCPenney renovated to look more like an IKEA or other somewhat upscale home decor boutique.
 One of the many understated entryways
 Seminole Town Center, Sanford. August 27.
A mall like a shotgun house: look out from the Macy's on one end and see clear to the other end.
 Middle-mall, a food court sign and bizarre series of small ramps and stairs reminiscent of the late 80's.
 Front entryway as seen from the interstate
 Me, looking tired as this is the last in my tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment